May 9, 2013 – International support propels Full Tilt skyward
Full Tilt Launch Party: a cold, wet winter’s evening – would anybody come???
Yes they would – and not only the Kiwis, but the Germans, the French, the Americans, the Iranians, the Dutch, the Turkish, the Belgians, the Brits, the South Africans, the Australians and the Indians!
What a great party it was
I am so excited that in just over 24 hours 52 generous friends, family and strangers have pledged in support of my memoir Full Tilt – thanks so much for propelling me forward with such extraordinary support.
May 13, 2013 -Absolutely fantastic – I’m nearly halfway there!
Thanks so much to all my supportive backers – I can’t believe that I am almost half way to reaching my $10,000 goal – thanks to YOU
Finally here is a little taste of 2 of the characters in Full Tilt, my mother and I – both photos taken shortly before my mother died at the age of 24 …
May 15, 2013 - Full Tilt is 8th MOST POPULAR out of 160 nonfiction projects currently on Kickstarter!
Thanks to YOU Full Tilt is #8 out of 160 nonfiction publishing projects in the MOST POPULAR category on Kickstarter – AMAZING!
Now I need you to tell all your friends to make pledge (no matter how small) to get Full Tilt to #1 – thank you so much for all your FANTASTIC support.
Also if you live in Auckland come and find me and my campaign cart as I deliver my flyers around the city and have a free chocolate on me!
May 20, 2013 - Watch out Writers’ Festival – here comes Rebekah!
No one was safe at the 2013 Writers’ Festival in Auckland, as Rebekah was there with her yellow cart and hundreds of promotional flyers. Even Sir Donald McKinnon, former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of New Zealand was accosted with a Full Tilt flyer as he quietly waited for his cappuccino at the coffee counter!
May 23, 2013 - Almost at my first goal…
Thanks to all of you I have almost reached my first goal of raising the $10,000 funding for Full Tilt (only $1212 to go!). Tomorrow will be the half way mark of my campaign, so please keep sharing this link as it would be amazing to achieve my first goal before then!
During the second half of my Kickstarter campaign I will be heading towards my second goal – to have Full Tilt become a New York Times Best Seller – and those who know me well will know I am NOT joking!
Thank you again for all your support.
May 28, 2013 - 100% funded – you’ve made goal #1 happen – now for goal #2 !!!
It was so exciting to wake up this morning and discover that Full Tilt was 100% funded, especially since I’m only halfway through my campaign!To reach this goal so quickly has only been made possible because of YOU – all 182 of you!
Thank you so much. I am humbled by your generosity.
However, because of your commitment to my project, not to mention my own determination to succeed, I am not packing up the campaign just yet – so now it’s time to move on to goal #2
If you believe that Full Tilt could be a New York Times Best Seller, then please keep sharing my project with your friends and family. Living in New Zealand with a relatively small population, Kickstarter allows me to reach potential readers around the world. So the next 2 weeks will be crucial to Full Tilt’s chance of becoming a New York Times Best Seller.
To reach more people in New Zealand, on Thursday I am leaving the comfort of my home and travelling to Wellington to promote Full Tilt. So anyone who has friends or family in Wellington tell them to look out for me and my yellow cart!
Warmest wishes and thanks Rebekah
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF 33 DAYS ON KICKSTARTER:
1. Making new friends on Facebook and getting endless support and generosity from around the world via hours spent on the computer.
2. Having famous musicians grab me by the hand and saying ‘great work’ as I give out Full Tilt’s promotional material.
3. Going on a 3 day promotional tour to Wellington city to spread the word about Full Tilt.
4. Having folding bikes, easy to dismantle to transport to Wellington.
5. Eight-year-old Jack loving his mum for abandoning him during the 33 days of Kickstarter, allowing him to spend countless hours playing Minecraft, drinking coke and eating chips!
6. Being totally surprised and thrilled viewing Facebook, twitter, gmail and my Kickstarter dashboard’s graph showing number of backers and total of pledges, about the generosity of my supporters.
7. Feeling thrilled to be asked by a renowned television presenter to be on her show to talk about Full Tilt.
ADVERSE EFFECTS OF 33 DAYS ON KICKSTARTER:
1. Being blocked for 2 weeks by Facebook for sending too many new friend requests!
2. Having a man say ‘She’s dead!’ when I gave him a promotional flyer to take home to his wife!
3. Missing the plane and having to drive to Wellington to spread the word about Full Tilt!
4. During my promotional trip to Wellington having one folding bike that folded as I was riding it and having a second bike with peddles left in Auckland!
5. Feeling guilty that 8 year old Jack has been abandoned during my 33 days on Kickstarter!
6. Getting up multiple times during the night to view Facebook, twitter, gmail and my Kickstarter dashboard’s graph, showing number of backers and total of pledges!
7. Having my television presenter be admitted to hospital with a suspected heart attack shortly after interviewing me!
June 10, 2013 -Ellen DeGeneres doesn’t know what she’s missing!
Three years ago I sent this gift box (click on box below) to Ellen DeGeneres hoping she would have me on her show and I would be able to take the easy road to success with my memoir!
Well, you guessed it – I never heard back!
Mind you, I did include 2 pairs of possum fur nipple warmers – one for Ellen and one for Portia only to discover that they were both avid animal rights activists!
So…I changed the name of my book and took the Kickstarter road to success instead and now I need to thank every one of you amazing supporters who made this possible.
In twelve hours time (7.07am NZ time), where ever you are in the world, I want you to know I will be jumping up in the air and shouting thank you to all of you!
Thank you everyone for an amazing journey
I will finish my campaign with the words of journalist Edward R. Murrow: ‘Goodnight and good luck!’ – I know this is a bit random, but I really love it
June 12, 2013 - 134% FUNDED – thanks to YOU!
35 days ago I began my Kickstarter campaign having no idea what this would involve. It wasn’t easy at times: blisters, missed planes, sleepless nights and utter exhaustion just to name a few! But then came YOU – my fantastic supporters, who shared, liked, pledged and gave me so much support throughout my campaign. I can’t thank you enough for making my Kickstarter campaign a huge success – 134% funded!
I have been recovering for the last 2 days, but I did manage to slip in a radio interview, so enjoy and have a laugh
Now I have to decide on Full Tilt’s cover – not an easy task!
One more thing: Watch this space – there may be another Kickstarter project in the near future! It’s called No Shotgun Necessary! And YES, it’s all about me!